Friday, February 26, 2010

Lightening up

Yes, both my schedule and the days are getting lighter. Basketball is finally over, for which I am grateful. It was a lot of fun (even though we lost ALL our games) and I would definitely do it again, but it was exhausting, especially the three weekends in a row of traveling. But now that it's over my afternoons feel a lot more open. I'm getting my classwork done earlier and last night I didn't have to work at all - just went down the hall to watch the Olympics with some neighbors.

My 3 classes end in about two weeks, and then I'll have a whole week off - no classes! I don't even know what I'll do with myself that week. Maybe start playing guitar again, which I pretty much haven't done since the current term started. Then at the end of March my last term starts, which is only 2 classes, one of which is a practicum. I don't know for sure but I'm assuming the practicum will be a lot of in-my-classroom projects which I'll then have to write about. That'll be a lot of work but at least it won't eat into my evenings too much. My other class is children's literature K-12 which should be a lot of fun. Then I'm done with grad school, finally! I think my next step will be to try to become a nationally board certified teacher - but that's at least a year or two away.

In a more literal vein, we're gaining sunlight at an incredible rate these days. Just before we left for winter break, we were getting about 4 1/2 hours of sunlight a day - from almost noon until around 4:30 or so. These days the sun is coming up around 9:15, 9:30, and not going down until almost 8. It's hard to believe we're just a few weeks away from the equinox.

Also B and I both want to say we're sorry about the podcast - we're going to try our best to have it up by Monday. This month has just been really crazy, with me being busy and B being sick for over a week. Plus trying to pin down OFL for an interview has proved impossible so far.

I promised B that when his stomach was better I would bake him something tasty, so I'm looking forward to a weekend of good snacking, movies, guitar, hanging out, and sleeping in my own bed.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're able to take a deep breath now in many ways. So do it - you both deserve it. Soak up that natural vitamin d as much as you can. Makes me feel great to know where you are in life. As always - I'm proud.
    love you sweet girl

    ReplyDelete