Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Honey Bucket

Today, due to the sewer line being frozen, we're all using honey buckets.  This means that there is a 5 gallon bucket in all of the bathrooms with a toilet seat and cover on it (they're made for just this purpose).  The tool we need to unfreeze the line without destroying it is stuck in Athol and very few planes are landing - in fact, just one company landed one plane yesterday and that was the first one in 5 days.  Not the best.  The other option is that someone can snow machine over to The Bay to borrow the tool.  With enough snow and a good path, you can get to The Bay in 15 minutes.  But there's almost no snow on the ground so it would take nearly an hour.  Good times!

In related news, I'm trying to really restrict my fluid intake today (and probably for the rest of the week).  By the end of the work day I've usually had 2 liters of water and a french press-worth of coffee.  Today, I've had just a few sips of water and 3/4's of a cup of coffee.  The headache is coming on.  More good times.

On the plus side, I was talked into chaperoning the high school basketball team to their game in another village this weekend.  This despite me not being a coach.  The guy who is a coach is not a teacher and all trips like this require a teacher to attend.  So on Friday, weather permitting, I'll head to the village where our junior high team was stuck for eight days last year.  It keeps getting better.  

Finally, I think I start teaching a high school elective in journalism today.  This should be pretty fun.  I'm going to mix in some media awareness and online safety stuff (using a game called Smokescreen) and maybe some blogging or podcasting - we'll see.  

The wind has died down significantly and it has warmed up a little.  Excelsior!

2 comments:

  1. I want to wash my hands *whine*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't finish the story. What do you do with a "used" bucket??? Especially since the ground is soooo frozen? I guess there is always kitty litter.

    ReplyDelete