Thursday, April 29, 2010

I have been tagged

I'm not much, usually for chain letters or anything that seems sort of chain letter-ish. However, this is my first time being tagged (by ecocheapo, whose blog you should definitely read), and that's sort of exciting, so I figured I'd go ahead and...what's the verb for doing the thing you were supposed to do according to the tag? I've no idea.

The original tag is simply "7 Random Things About Me" but in keeping with the theme of this blog, I've changed it slightly to "7 Random Things About Me in Alaska"

1. At B's insistence, I've started writing nearly every day.
2. I never thought I'd turn 30 during the winter, but it's shaping up that way.
3. I've never been very good with new languages, even romance languages with their cognates and consistent vowel sounds, and my Yup'ik (all 7 words of it) is laughable. The problem is that there are sounds in Yup'ik I've never tried to make before, and my tongue and throat just can't work it out.
4. I like waking up at 7am better than 6am, but...
5. I hate going to the gym after work, rather than before (or even better, during).
6. I almost never get tired of B. It's actually rather amazing to me that the proportion of time annoyed at each other:time with each other is extremely low. Can I quantify? Let's see, outside of school we probably spend an average of 7 hours a day in the apartment on the weekdays, and if nighttime counts we'll call that 16 hours per day during the week, and then of course pretty much all weekend, so that's (16x5) + 48 = 128 hours together every week. B and I never really fight, exactly, but occasionally one of us gets annoyed with the other, or we have a disagreement that becomes an argument, and estimating very roughly I'd say that probably happens between 1 and 2 times every 2 weeks, so we'll call that .75 times per week, and just to make it easier, we'll say that each time it lasts an hour (I don't think it ever lasts that long, but we'll be conservative). So, that would be .75 hours of bad vibes for every 128 hours together, or 0.5% of our time together. Not bad!
7. I like 13-year olds, but I like 10-year olds better.

I don't want to put anyone on the spot here, so I'm not going to out-and-out TAG anyone, but there are a couple of blogs I like, by friends of mine. Blogger-friends, consider this a gentle tap on the shoulder, rather than a tag, and if you'd like to post 7 random things about yourself, why, I'd like to read them: eric, B, Darci, and Mason Jars and Mixing Bowls (do you have a blogger name, MJ&MB?).

No comments:

Post a Comment